Goals and Key Activities
BBMRI.tr has five main goals:
- Play an advisory role in the establishment of biobanks in Turkey to create a harmonized and efficient biobanking infrastructure,
- Increase the awareness of biobanking among the public as well as the scientific community,
- Create a coordination structure among biobanks,
- Harmonize the ethical and legal guidelines,
- Share best practices acquired from BBMRIERIC and disseminating the knowledge in national biobanks, while contributing to the panEuropean research infrastructure BBMRIERIC.
To achieve defined aims BBMRI.tr focuses on:
- Harmonization and dissemination of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the collection, storage, quality control and access procedures of biological material and related data among biobanks,
- Coordination of the funding of an IT infrastructure for interoperability between biobanks for the use of patient registries and clinical data,
- Organization of training activities to quality assurance of biobanks and registries,
- Educational activities to enhance the awareness of biobanking in the general public, policymakers, and healthcare providers,
- Increase the awareness of decision makers to develop tools to ensure the sustainability of biobanks.